“As children, we all live in a world of imagination, of fantasy, and for some of us that world of make-believe continues into adulthood.”― Jim Henson
Happy Bright Kids offers puppetry workshops throughout the bay area and beyond. Our workshops are offered year-round and include a variety of arts and science experiences. Whether your group or school aims to enrich the children’s experience through arts or science, our puppetry programs will harmoniously join both ends. through hands-on activities that touch imaginations, inspire creativity and leave a lasting appreciation for the world of art and the science behind the art.
- To develop appreciation of art, language arts, music, communication and performance skills
- To provide a meaningful and challenging educational experience linking the principles of design, construction and presentation through the making of a puppet shows in the classroom.
- To provide children with an understanding of cultural diversity, customs, traditions and arts of the world through myth, fable and folk tales.
- To introduce the concepts of engineering project management including goal setting, teamwork, planning, and time management.
- To provide children with a sense of accomplishment and pride in a job well done.
Our goal is to provide a hands-on educational experience that is exciting and relevant and grants a sense of accomplishment to those participating. Children learn art, planning, presentation and collaboration skills while creating a puppet show.
Jungle Joe Message
© Produced by HBKids
Curiosity is the basic element for learning
Puppetry provides a playful means for communication. If the student feels unsafe asking questions, relating his experiences or just adding to the conversation, his curiosity may be suppressed
Let's build a sense of “we”
Planning, designing, and performing a puppet show require a classroom effort. It requires student cooperation and naturally build a sense of “we”
Puppetry requires involvement and experiential learning
“Tell me, and I will forget. Show me, and I may remember. Involve me, and I will understand.” Confucius, 450 B.C.
(Deposit or billing information is NEVER required for booking. Cancel anytime.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Up to how many children can you perform for at once?
We can perform for up to 200 kids at once. However, our shows are heavily reliant on interaction, so having a large amount of children in a single audience will not allow all of them to interact with the puppets and get the most out of the performance. For this reason we suggest splitting up large audiences and booking multiple shows. We offer a multiple booking discount for shows booked on the same day to help accomodate this.
* Joe ! Your show was Amazing. You kept their attention for over an hour and they left wanting more. Thank you so much for enriching our school summer program. – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – Loren Canedas Belle Haven School 415 Ivy Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025